We at The CaliforiaLemonLawExpert.com are assisting consumers who purchased or leased a 2011 through 2016 Ford Fiesta and 2012 through 2016 Ford Focus equipped with Ford’s Dual Clutch or “PowerShift” Transmission.
The lawsuit, entitled Vargas, et al. v. Ford Motor Company (Case No. CV12-08388 AB (FFMx)), has been resolved by a proposed settlement that has achieved preliminary approval by the United States District Court for the Central District of California (“the Settlement”).
If you are a current or former owner/lessee of a 2011-2016 Ford Fiesta or a 2012-2016 Ford Focus with a PowerShift Transmission (the “Class Vehicles”), you may be entitled to obtain benefits provided by the Settlement and the Orders of the Court.
What are your rights?
You may be entitled to receive money or other benefits that the Settlement provides. If you did not opt out of the Class, you are bound by the settlement results and can no longer sue Ford directly for the same legal claims alleged in the lawsuit.
What benefits does the Settlement provide?
- If your Class Vehicle’s transmission is malfunctioning, you may be entitled to a repair or a repurchase of your vehicle, through an expedited binding arbitration program.
- If an authorized Ford dealer performed three or more transmission Software Flashes on your vehicle while you owned or leased it, you may be entitled to up to $600 in cash payments.
- If an authorized Ford dealer replaced three or more qualifying hardware parts in your PowerShift Transmission while you owned or leased the vehicle, you may be entitled to up to $2,325 in cash payments or up to $4,650 in Vehicle Discount Certificates.
- If you paid for a repair to you PowerShift Transmission that you think should have been covered by warranty, you may be entitled to reimbursement.
- If your vehicle was manufactured after June 5, 2013, and two or more clutch replacements were performed on your vehicle under warranty and you had to pay for a clutch replacement after warranty, you may be entitled to reimbursement.
How can we help?
Patrea Bullock and the CaliforniaLemonLawExpert.com can and will submit your claim. We will advocate for you and work with you and Ford to make sure that you receive all compensation to which you are entitled.
What is the cost to you?
There is zero cost for you to have the CaliforniaLemonLawExpert.com advocating for your rights ; the manufacturer is responsible for the fees. Therefore, there’s no reason to hesitate in obtaining our help to ensure you receive your entitlement.
For more information about the case and the Settlement, please contact us at (916) 672-8443 and we will be happy to discuss your situation.